In one of its wisest moves yet, Amazing Race 28 stays relevant to its audience by featuring 11 teams of YouTube, Vine and Instagram stars in pursuit of the $1 million pot.
See your favourite online celebrities cross over to traditional “boob tube” as they begin the race from the symbolic spot of Monumento ala Revolucion in Mexico City and travel around the world.
The 28th installment of this iconic reality show franchise began filming last November 15, 2015, with host Phil Koeghan live streaming a blow by blow account of what was happening (in true digital age style).
Known to be one of the pioneers of the revolutionary reality show genre, Amazing Race has won the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program more than any of its competition in that category.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.
The cast is composed of Internet celebrities and their relatives or friends. Including:
- YouTubers and friends Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl
- Dating YouTubers and Rooster Teeth hosts Burnie Burns and Ashley Jenkins
- YouTubers, Clevver hosts and best friends Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis
- Vine personality Cole LaBrant and mother Sheri LaBrant
- Vine personality Zach King and wife Rachel King
- Engaged YouTubers and choreographers Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina
- Instagram models and friends Jessica Versteeg andMiss Florida USA Brittany Oldehoff
- Viral video star Marty Cobb and daughter Hagan Parkman
- YouTuberBlair Fowler and father Scott Fowler
- Vine personalities and brothers Cameron Benson and Darius Benson
- YouTuber and professional frisbee playerBrodie Smith and teammate Kurt Gibson
The Amazing Race 28 premieres February 13, Saturday at 7:55pm (within 12 hours of the US broadcast).
AXN is seen on Cable Link Channel 38, Cignal Digital TV Channel 61, Global Destiny Cable Channel 61, Dream Channel 20, Gsat Channel 12, SKYCable Channel 49.
AXN is Asia’s leading general entertainment channel featuring exclusive top-rated drama series, blockbuster features, reality programs and ground-breaking original productions. The channel appeals to a discerning audience seeking content that is smart, intriguing and unexpected, and all delivered close to U.S telecasts. From The Blacklist and Quantico, to The Voice and The Amazing Race Asia, AXN is defined not by a genre, but by an attitude that truly redefines action.
Launched first in Asia in 1997, AXN is a global channel brand with a presence in Latin America, Africa and Europe. In Asia, the channel is enjoyed in 85 million households across 20 territories.
AXN Asia is wholly owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and managed by Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia, which also operates leading channels including Animax, Sony Channel, ONE and GEM. www.AXN-Asia.com