The Ultimate Travelogue Series Starring William Shatner, Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman Premieres April 2, Sundays at 8:00pm
PHILIPPINES (March 28, 2017) – The adventure of a lifetime for four celebrated men from across different genres kicks off in Tokyo on Sunday, April 2 with the premiere of the addictive new series “Better Late Than Never.” This fish-out-water travelogue series follows cultural icons Henry Winkler, William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman as they traverse Asia exploring different countries and cultures.
With no schedule and no itinerary, the only help will come from comic sidekick Jeff Dye, a young tech-savvy comedian with an agenda of his own and who isn’t above leading the men off track.
Navigating their way through six cities and four countries, the five men make connections with the local population, immerse themselves in local traditions and sample exotic food — all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and frequently hilarious turns that any trip presents. Checking off items on their own personal ‘bucket list,’ the men will also reveal different sides to their personalities as they support one another and find themselves bonding in surprising and meaningful ways.
“We had to build a relationship quickly for the show and when you put five total strangers together, you just don’t know how it is going to be received,” said Terry Bradshaw, four-time Super Bowl champion for the Pittsburgh Steelers. “We had a blast, an absolute blast and I’ve got all of these new friends.”
The five of men will travel to iconic cities across Asia starting in Tokyo, Japan where they are immediately out of their element and can’t even find their way out of the train station. Other cities include Kyoto, Hong Kong, Seoul, Phuket and Chiang Mai. Each stop is packed with hilarious cultural experiences, heartwarming spectacles and unexpected twists as the legends take on this unforgettable adventure.
The eclectic group of travellers include:
- Terry Bradshaw– A four-time Super Bowl champion quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, a two-time Super Bowl MVP and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee as well as a multi-Emmy and award-winning broadcaster on Fox NFL Sunday. Bradshaw is also a popular actor, New York Times bestselling author and the only NFL player with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- George Foreman – This Olympic gold medallist won the title in his only 25th amateur fight at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City. He’s fought against boxing legends, Mohammad Ali, Ken Norton and Joe Frazier. He retired in 1997 after compiling an amazing 76-5 record.
- William Shatner – Shatner has cultivated a career spanning more than 50 years as an award-winning actor, director, producer, writer and recording artist. He is one of Hollywood’s most recognisable figures and a major philanthropist. Apart from starring as Captain Kirk in “Star Trek”, he’s won Emmys and his first Golden Globe for his role on “The Practice” and “Boston Legal”.
- Henry Winkler – Winkler has enjoyed four decades of success in Hollywood and continues to be in demand as an actor, producer and director. Best known for his iconic role of The Fonz in the TV series “Happy Days”, Winkler has won two Golden Globe Awards, was nominated three times for an Emmy Award and was also honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Jeff Dye – Dye is a comedian, host, actor and prankster. He got his start in the stand-up competition series “Last Comic Standing” where he finished third. Since then he has had two of his own shows on MTV, his own Comedy Central special and on numerous other TV projects.
“Better Late Than Never” premieres Sunday, April 2 at 8:00pm on Sony Channel.
For more information, visit SonyChannel.com or @SonyChannelPH on Facebook and Twitter.
About Sony Pictures Television Networks, Asia
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks, Asia is a leading operator of ad-supported 24/7 channels including English general entertainment powerhouses AXN and Sony Channel; and Asian content giants Animax, GEM and ONE. SPT Networks’ portfolio collectively features the biggest and best titles from Korea, Japan and the U.S that are first run, exclusive and aired close to the original telecast. Taking the content beyond the linear screen, SPT Networks immerses viewers in its premium entertainment via large-scale festivals, celebrity fan meets and social platform conversations. In Asia, SPT Networks’ portfolio is available across 19 territories and in over 45 million homes.